- October 12, 2015, entries must be submitted by midnight
- November 9, 2015, notification of selection results will be sent via email
- February 7 – April 17, 2016, exhibition dates
- Sunday, February 7, 2 – 5 pm, opening Reception
Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery
4800 Hollywood Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90027
ARTISTS MAY ENTER A MAXIMUM OF 3 WORKS
- Open to all artists.
- All works must be shipped / delivered by the artist. Details upon acceptance.
- Works must be original and have been completed since March 2013.
- City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs employees are ineligible.
Submission of work does not guarantee acceptance into the exhibition.
Works are selected solely at the curator’s discretion.
Only works submitted through our website submission form will be reviewed.
- Submit up to 3 artworks
- Images must be in JPEG format. Video should use current standard formats (AVI, MOV, MP4 or MPG)
- Images Must be 72 dpi or higher. No more than 300 dpi.
- Must be at least 750 pixels in height and width.
- File size limited to 2MB per image. Keep under 1MB per image for smooth uploading, 1GB for video.
- Video artists should submit samples of their work no longer than 3 minutes.
- Performance artists should upload video showing artist’s performances presented within the last two years to allow the jurors to assess past work.
- Performance artists should include a narrative, 500 words or fewer, describing the contents of the proposed performance.
- Files should be titled with artist’s name, art work title, year, i.e., yourname_artworktitle_year.
- All works must be ready to hang with wire and eye hooks, or D-rings.
Works on paper must be covered by glass or Plexiglas.
- Maximum size: 132 inches (height) -Minimum size: no less than 10 X 10 inches.
- Metal/clip frames may not be used if any one side exceeds 25 inches.
- Applicants may use up to 3 images in 1 file to represent 1 work (front, back, side).
- Maximum size: 118 X 64 inches.
- Minimum size: no smaller than 10 X 10 inches, including frame.
- Weight maximum: 150 Ibs. Artist must provide pedestals as necessary.
- Installation artists must install their own work and provide all the necessary equipment.
- Unfinished, incomplete or wet works, and any work considered unsafe will not be accepted. No live animals, no hazardous materials and no perishables.