2015 LA Juried Exhibition
Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery
2015 Los Angeles Juried Exhibition
Jul 26 – September 20, 2015
THE 2015 LOS ANGELES JURIED EXHIBITION IS A BIENNIAL EXHIBITION PROVIDING ARTISTS WITH A COMPETITIVE OPPORTUNITY TO EXHIBIT THEIR WORK.
CLICK HERE FOR PDF OF ENTRY FORM
• Best of Show $1,000
• Second Place $500
• Third Place $300
• Honorable Mentions (4) $50 each
Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery (LAMAG)
4800 Hollywood Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90027
ARTISTS MAY ENTER A MAXIMUM OF 4 WORKS
• Open to all artists residing in Southern California
(Santa Barbara to San Diego).
• Works must be original and have been completed after January 2014.
• City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs employees are ineligible.
• Submit a CD or USB flash drive containing up to 4 artworks, numbered 1 through 4.
• Artworks must be in JPEG format (no Tiffs, PDFs, PowerPoints, etc.).
• Image files should have a maximum image size of 2400 pixels x 3000 pixels each.
• Complete entry form (see link above) number entries 1 – 4 to correspond with your CD.
• Submission of work does not guarantee acceptance into the exhibition. Works are selected solely at the jurors’ discretion.
$20 per work (check, cashier’s check or money order should be make payable to the City of Los Angeles). Cash entries accepted only if hand-delivered to LAMAG.
Entry fee is non-refundable.
• Painting (encaustic, oil, water-based media, canvas or panel)
• Sculpture (three-dimensional works: pedestal, floor or wall-hung works)
• Works on Paper (oil, water-based media, collage, photography, digital imagery or printmaking)
• Mixed Media/Assemblage (works formed by combining different materials, also includes fiber and textile works)
• Video (DVD)
• Performance Art
• All works must be ready to hang with wire and eye hooks.
• Works on paper must be covered by glass or Plexiglas.
• Maximum size: 132 x 132 inches – Minimum size: no less than 10 X 10 inches, including frame..
• Plexiglas or glass may not be used with metal/clip frames if any one side exceeds 25 inches.
• Applicants may use up to 3 images to represent 1 work (front, back, side).
• Maximum size: 118 X 64 inches.
• Minimum size: no smaller than 10 X 10 inches.
• Weight maximum: 150 lbs. Artist must provide pedestals as necessary.
• For works longer than three minutes, DVDs should include a sample of up to 3 minutes in length along with the complete video.
• A narrative, 500 words or fewer, along with 3 images addressing the contents and components of the proposed work.
• Installation artists must install their own work and provide all the necessary equipment.
• Send one DVD showing artist’s works presented within the last two years to allow the jurors to assess performer’s past work.
• A narrative, 500 words or fewer, describing the contents of the proposed work.
Unfinished, incomplete or wet works, and any work considered unsafe will not be accepted. No live animals, no hazardous materials and no perishables.
Inquiries for purchase will be directed to the artist or their representative. The Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery does not handle sales of artwork.
1. Fee: $20 per work. ($80 total) Check, cashier’s check or money order should be made payable to the City of Los Angeles. Cash will be accepted only if hand delivered to gallery staff.
2. Optional, include self-addressed stamped envelope (4 x 9 ½ inch) for return of CD or USB flash drive, otherwise CD will be discarded.
3. Completed entry form signed by artist. Incomplete entries will not be accepted.
4. Entries (4 Maximum)
5. Performance DVDs written statement.
6. Please do not include resumes.
• Entries must be postmarked on or before June 18, 2015
• Notification of juried results will be sent by July 6, 2015
• Drop off of selected work will take place July 10, 11, 12, 2015
• Exhibition dates: July 26 -September 20, 2015
• Opening Reception: Sunday, July 26, 2-5pm.
• Pick up of artworks by September 27, 2015
MAIL ENTRY FORMS AND SUBMISSIONS TO:
• 2015 Los Angeles Juried Exhibition / Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery / Barnsdall Park / 4800 Hollywood Boulevard / Los Angeles, CA 90027
LAMAG.ORG / PHONE 323.644.6269 / FAX 323.644.6271 / INFO @LAMAG.ORG
Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery
Posted on Sunday, December 12th, 2010 at 9:18 pm